Winter is around and this season is generally not a favourite of many; mainly because it is harsh on the skin. Many of the dry skin conditions that victimize us in the winter can be alleviated. As the winter approaches and indoor heating goes on, start a winter face care routine. If possible, get a professional facial, even if you only get it once a year. here are few winter face care tips that should be followed to get the radiant and healthy skin in this winter.
* Switch your moisturizer if you currently use a water-based one. Winter is the time for an oil-based moisturizer; use it at least twice a day if you are outside.
* Hydrate the inside of your body. Summer is not the only time your body needs water. Indoor heat and the cold outside sap moisture from your body. Drink plenty of water and limit liquids that dehydrate such as caffeine and alcohol.
* Non-clogging oils such as avocado, mineral, sandalwood or primrose should be used and Shea oil should be avoided. Look for products containing humectants – these are substances such as glycerine, sorbitol and alpha-hydroxy acids which draw moisture into the skin and keep it hydrated. Apply a specialized eye area cream nightly to keep the eye contour area looking plumped up and fresh.
* As the skin on the face dries, which happens more in winter, the dead skin cells multiply on the surface. There are a number of products that exfoliate, or you can make your own with simple products found in the kitchen such as oatmeal.
* Masques are especially helpful for winter skin since the prolonged effects of a calming and hydrating weekly treatment may deliver lasting results. Use after gentle exfoliation to either the whole face or on spot areas that require instant soothing
* Clean your skin thoroughly. Remove all makeup, and wash and moisturize your skin before going to bed every night. The cleanser or soap for winter skin care should be oil-based or as gentle as possible, so it works with your moisturizer.
* Remember sunscreen, even in winter and especially for outdoor winter sports. The glare of the sun off snow can affect your skin nearly as much as summer sun.
* Cleanse the face and body with warm water instead of hot water. Hot water and steam tends to have a drying effect when used too frequently and/or for lengthy periods of time
Skin should be nourished and nurtured year round and not just in summer. Taking care during the winter months ensures that skin looks radiant and beautiful when summer eventually comes. Use these winter face care tips starting today!
Incoming search terms:
- winter face
- winter facial